View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2012, 06:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
chanchan05
The Doctor

Device(s): Note 3 LTE (N7105), Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (P6200), Samsung Galaxy SL (I9003), , Samsung Galaxy
Carrier: Globe Philippines

Thanked 2,543 Times in 2,102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedt View Post
I thought they were very well known outside of China. We even have forums on AF for the ZTE Blade, Engage, Flash, etc. Same with the Huawei Ascend, etc. ZTE and Huawei(both Chinese) have a huge international telecoms presence, with phones, 3G modems, plant, switching, transmission, etc. In fact apparently the US Govt. isn't too happy about it.

Isn't multi-windowing something that's only happened with 4.1 and 4.2? - a feature of the Android OS? I don't think Huawei and ZTE are pricing their phones aggressively outside of China, AFAICT they can just as expensive their Taiwanese and Korean counterparts in the UK.

Lenovo doesn't do much with cell-phones outside of Asia, but everyone knows their PCs and laptops of course(they bought IBM's PC division). Lenovo does offer a cloud storage service for their Android phones, similar to Samsung Dive.

We used to laugh at Japanese cars...we don't now.
We used to laugh at Korean cars...we don't now.
We laugh at Chinese cars.....

Same thing goes for tech.
1. Nope. I only heard of ZTE lately with a fiasco they had with our govt, and before i only knew of Huawei as the guys who make internet dongles.

2. Nope. Samsung demoed it on the prototype Note 10.1 they had last March, before Jellybean even launched. It was running ICS at the time.

3. Dive isn't cloud storage. Its remote control for all Samsung phones, ability to track them, wipe them, lock them, etc. it's basically paid antitheft services made free for Samsung users.

Worried about your health? Take the True Health Assessment now! Click HERE