View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2012, 08:11 PM   #34 (permalink)
scotty85
AF Addict

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 6,772 Times in 4,260 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ral View Post
Okay... Now I am really convinced scotty85 is a HTC Engineer masquerading as a Guide.
whaaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo99078 View Post
Hi again

Iv managed to make a goldcard and i downloaded RUU_Ace_Sense30_S_hTC_Asia_WWE_3.13.707.4_R_Radio_ 12.65.60.29_26.14.04.28_M.exe LINK SHIP ROM (WWE) CHO HTC DESIRE HD ★ - Trang 3

ive tried running this and nothing is happening so i have a couple of questions

1) Do i need to put anything on the gold card?
2) Is there a guide anywhere that can show the process using the gold card
have you done the steps in post#6? your situation may be entirely different,so we cant say for sure if the ruu youve downloaded is the best option or not.

you are running the utility on the PC,correct? if the utility does not start,there may be something running on the PC thats interfering with it,or you may have an incomplete or corrupt download.

if the utility is starting,and failing,then thats a different story.

im actually not 100% sure if the utility will work with the gold card. we may need to extract rom.zip from the utility and flash it from hboot on the phone,or from fastboot on the PC.

there isnt really a guide to using the gold card. its just a specially made sd card that tells the phone its OK to ignore the CID of the rom your about to flash. if running a .exe on the PC,or running rom.zip from the PC,the gold card just needs to be present in the phone.

if we are flashing rom.zip from the gold card,in hboot mode on the phone,then the gold card must also be formatted FAT32,and the rom must be named correctly (PD98IMG) and be a signed-by-htc .zip file(since the phone is s-on).

my flyer is not superCIDed,ill try in the next day or so to run a .exe file and see if it runs with the gold card in it. that way we will know for sure that you can use a .exe or not,and if it fails wether thats normal,or your gold card isnt made quite correctly
donate to my device fund
Last edited by scotty85; November 21st, 2012 at 08:16 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
D-U-R-X (November 22nd, 2012), Granite1 (November 22nd, 2012)