View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2012, 03:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
jhsrennie

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm43 View Post
Thanks very much.
You said you copy downloaded books to your computer. Which ones then... From download folder or from Aldiko folder in folders?

Also I use Calibre on my computer, can I add them into there when I copy them onto my computer?
If so do I just put them into the calibre folder or somewhere else and click Epub to import?
I get epubs from lots of places. Some I download on the N7, some I download on my PC, some I convert from other formats using Calibre and so on. I maintain a single master collection on my PC in a folder called Books, and wherever I get the epubs I copy them into this master collection. I have a second folder on the PC called CurrentBooks where I keep the books I have queued up to read. So after resetting my N7 I just copied back the epubs in the CurrentBooks folder.

So when I download a book on the N7 I copy it from the N7 Downloads to the Books folder on my PC. If I'm going to read it soon I'll then copy it to CurrentBooks on the PC so I have it ready to hand.

The advantage of keeping a single master Books folder on the PC is that I can back it up to my Google storage in case the PC dies.
The Following User Says Thank You to jhsrennie For This Useful Post:
mm43 (November 25th, 2012)