View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2012, 08:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
mm43
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC Wildfire.
Carrier: Not Provided

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsrennie View Post
I get epubs from lots of places. Some I download on the N7, some I download on my PC, some I convert from other formats using Calibre and so on. I maintain a single master collection on my PC in a folder called Books, and wherever I get the epubs I copy them into this master collection. I have a second folder on the PC called CurrentBooks where I keep the books I have queued up to read. So after resetting my N7 I just copied back the epubs in the CurrentBooks folder.

So when I download a book on the N7 I copy it from the N7 Downloads to the Books folder on my PC. If I'm going to read it soon I'll then copy it to CurrentBooks on the PC so I have it ready to hand.

The advantage of keeping a single master Books folder on the PC is that I can back it up to my Google storage in case the PC dies.
Thank you for such a detailed answer. Its a great help. Will do that.
Regarding books are you talking about the whole book folder ( for each book) or just the Epub file?

Also with calibre if I copy all my 500 books in calibre to a master Books folder are they recognised if I add them elsewhere? Or are they calibre files?
Do like calibre for organising but don't understand how it works lol

Look forward to the answer

Think I need to ask you about Google storage also lol
Last edited by mm43; November 22nd, 2012 at 08:36 AM.