View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2012, 01:12 PM   #37 (permalink)
dynomot

Device(s): SGSII (GT-i9100)-SOLD SGSIII(GT-i9300)-SOLD SGS4 (GT-i9505)-SOLD
Carrier: Vodafone UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by parag1dubey View Post
In India, 2G or EDGE is the most common way to connect to the net (through mobile). However, I quite see that this may indeed be a carrier problem. I will soon switch carriers and post results on this thread. Thanks for all the help Ironass.
papag1dubey if I connect to the net on my SGSII on a 2G or EDGE signal, even a good one, the browser either does one of two things. More often than not it will "time out", but then reload the web page OK or it will take a good 30 seconds to load.

I'm telling you this because even if you found an Indian carrier with the best 2G/EDGE signal ever for your area you might not see an improvement in browsing experience.

I know how lucky we are in the UK to have HSPDA in lots of places. In fact it is a measure of how I personally take it for granted that if I'm sat in the van at lunchtime and only have an EDGE or 2G signal I'll drive less than half a mile in any direction and I can always get the little "H" or better still the "H+" sign next to my signal strength.

"The only foolish question is the question not asked"-Anon