View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2012, 02:35 PM   #73 (permalink)
Mr. Lucky
AF Contributor
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Galaxy S4 (rooted), Galaxy Tab 10.1 (rooted), Nexus 7 (stock)
Carrier: Not Provided

> for those forwarding to a second phone you get an SMS notification of the MMS,
> along with the text content, and attachment file names
Maybe I don't understand how this works. As you know, I'm forwarding to another phone number (HeyWire). I receive the notification, text content, and filename... but how do I access the file? When the file has "dots" in the name (e.g., "2012-10-31 15.16.29.jpg" <-- that's an actual name from my phone's camera), the filename appears as a link in the forwarded message. However, the link only extends to ".29" with the ".jpg" appearing as plain text. Pressing the link doesn't do anything useful, as the only choices are "GrooVe IP" and "Phone" (i.e., it thinks it's a tel#). I tried renaming the file to something simple (freddy.jpg) and resent the MMS. This time the notification and body text arrived as before, but with "[Attachments: freddy.jpg]" appended (with no hyperlink). Is this a bug, or I just don't know how to access the picture?