View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2012, 07:58 AM   #44 (permalink)
scotty85
AF Addict

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo99078 View Post
Yes iv followed the steps in post 6 in my figures are for the most part the same. the ones which differ are the ones you would expect such as the serial number and IMEI. Everything else is mostly the same. If it would help i can post the info so you can confirm this.

with regards to the RUU, i am running it on the PC and following the steps of the utility. When iv accepted the options it gives me the message "verifying phone information" this then disappears after 30 seconds and the utility shuts down without any error messages or warning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty85 View Post
Yiu might try redownloading it. Or you can extract Rom.zip and try putting that on the gold card.

If your gold card is made correctly,you shoukd be able to.flash that one
any luck? sorry for the short reply,i was in the midst of family thanksgiving activities.

if you cannot get the utility to update the phone,you can try extracting rom.zip in the following manner:
Quote:
the .exe utilities can be finicky,so if you have trouble getting it to run, you can extract "rom.zip" in the following manner:
-start the utility
-check the "i understand" box to move on to the next screen
-hide the utility temporarily out of site
-search your C drive for "rom.zip". you will find it in a temporary location(it will be in a different spot each time you run the utility)
-open the folder location,and transfer rom.zip to a safe location on your PC.
-unhide and cancel the utility,youre done with it.
-rom.zip can be renamed to PxxxIMG and flashed in hboot,from a FAT32 sd card
once you have rom.zip moved to a safe permanent location,you can rename it to PD98IMG and place it on your sd card. boot to hboot,and hopefully the utility will find the file and ask you to update.

if your gold card is made correctly,it will update all partitions(hopefully) and then prompt you to reboot.

try and make sure the battery is fully charged prior to starting,as it will not charge in hboot or fastboot.

let us know what happens if you try it
donate to my device fund
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
D-U-R-X (November 23rd, 2012), damo99078 (November 23rd, 2012), Granite1 (November 23rd, 2012), scary alien (November 23rd, 2012)