View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2012, 08:12 AM   #263 (permalink)
mikedt
你好

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Win Duos, Lenovo P700i
Carrier: China Mobile, China Unicom.

Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,783 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mikedt

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-U-R-X View Post
Chicken feet... just sounds wrong!

My mate came back to the UK from Chengdu for my wedding 2 years ago and brought me a couple of things to try beef sweets (wierd), chicken feet (no... just no... not trying them!) and a bag of MSG (tasted like pot noodle powder)
Oh yeh, the small lumps of dried meat, wrapped-up to look like Quality Street or something. Took me a while to get used to that one. Problem with chicken feet, there's just not much meat on the things, it's just skin and cartilage. Supposed to be good for you though. All these things are perfectly normal in China, but on the other hand, most Chinese just don't eat much chocolate or drink much coffee. There's also dried fish as well in sealed bags, from casual inspection looks like they might be packets of crisps. We have a local drink here....horse milk.

I've had a lot of things here that I've just never had or seen in the UK, donkey, camel, pig brains, duck tongue, scorpion, stinky tofu, durians. And if you see a dog tied up at a country restaurant in Guangdong province, it's NOT a pet.
There are nine million bicycles in Beijing.
There are nine million Androids in Shenzhen.
Last edited by mikedt; November 23rd, 2012 at 09:06 AM.