Thread: Support Stratosphere won't turn on!
View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2012, 02:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
acejavelin

Device(s): Nexus 4, LG G2
Carrier: Aio/Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverFang View Post
I tried to do a factory reset, but the recovery mode screen always jumps away when I try to activate it (I press both Vol+ and Vol-, recovery mode screen comes up but goes instantly, then the phone goes into a boot loop again).

Can I follow this guide to try rooting it? Or is it not FF1 compatible? Is FF1 the update that came a month or two ago? Thanks.

[How To] Root and ROM your new Stratosphere! (7/28/2012) - Stratosphere - RootzWiki
To get to stock recovery to perform a hard reset, press and hold VOL DN+VOL UP+POWER from an off state, then as soon as the SAMSUNG logo show up, release the power but continue to hold down both VOL buttons, then the menu should appear shortly after than. Hard Reset - Stratosphere™ by Samsung

Any of the three guides on RootzWiki to root should work, including the one you linked by Crystawth, with the old or new ROM, the procedure is the same, just follow it step-by-step.

FF1 is the update that came out a month or so ago, it made huge underlying changes to the operating system and was a DIFF based upgrade (only code changes were included), so once it's in there no going back and there are no new custom ROMs yet, although a FF1 compatible version of Tweaked is in the works.