View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2012, 06:43 PM   #29 (permalink)
Fuzzy13

Device(s): Nexus 5. (White 16GB)
Carrier: $60 AT&T pre paid pushing 50-60mbps

Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbaby View Post
I'm from nyc too and get approximately the same speed. Today was turkey day, and sure enough a turkey came calling today. I received a text today from Metro stating I'm in the top 5% of data users this month and that I should use wifi to help avoid reduced speeds. Even though I'm paying top dollar for the unlimited plan, they are still looking to throttle me. This just might be the last straw. They have been trying to nickle and dime me ever since I signed up in March. There is no higher plan ($70) so they are doing this, which is illegal. It's time to fight back.

P.S... They give no figures of data use when I called, cause I know for a fact November was a light month in my data usage. No Hockey Games. Not that I keep track of such things since I'm unlimited anyway.
I've tried telling people that even the 70 plan gets throttled and will only get worse with the merge. Metro users are about to get a real eye opener and there will be many more jumping ship. No such thing as unlimited and that goes for anywhere.