Thread: forum or family
View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #34 (permalink)
IOWA
Mr. Logic Pants

Device(s): GS4 ASUS Transformer TF101 GS3
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,343 Times in 1,209 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSpace View Post
So I may not know you guys but I feel like I can come here and just vent if need be. To me this is not a forum but a new family I now have so the question is. Is this just a forum for useful information or does it mean more to to you
I know I've come to love this place, and it's definitely something I look forward to on a daily basis. There is a certain satisfaction to be had from helping other people share something that you love to do.

For me, it's tech, and included in tech is Android. IRL friends and family tend to roll their eyes at me when I try to share a new rom/feature/app with them but on here, it's different. It's more people who share the same enthusiasm for something I do, much like other modding communities.

I've also made a few friends on here, some of them which I draw upon regularly for guidance as their life experience and perspective that comes with it greatly surpasses my own.

So yes, I do consider AF as part of an extended family, because heck, I like being here/talking more than I do some of my in-laws! ;O
Last edited by IOWA; November 24th, 2012 at 07:19 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IOWA For This Useful Post:
9to5cynic (November 24th, 2012), argedion (November 24th, 2012), jmar (November 24th, 2012), lunatic59 (November 24th, 2012), SirSpace (November 25th, 2012)