Thread: forum or family
View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2012, 08:25 PM   #36 (permalink)
ScandaLeX
Wasn't Me

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOWA View Post
I know I've come to love this place, and it's definitely something I look forward to on a daily basis. There is a certain satisfaction to be had from helping other people share something that you love to do.

For me, it's tech, and included in tech is Android. IRL friends and family tend to roll their eyes at me when I try to share a new rom/feature/app with them but on here, it's different. It's more people who share the same enthusiasm for something I do, much like other modding communities.

I've also made a few friends on here, some of them which I draw upon regularly for guidance as their life experience and perspective that comes with it greatly surpasses my own.

So yes, I do consider AF as part of an extended family, because heck, I like being here/talking more than I do some of my in-laws! ;O
IRL my friends/family also starts rolling their eyes once I get revved up about my phone or any phone for that matter but within no time we're all sitting in a huddle showing what our phones can do. I get a devilish kick every time someone utters....my phone cant do that.

I'm a firm believer that one of the things about a forum being an extended family has to do with the positive or negative energy YOU bring. When it's positive it radiates from you and into the words you use to reach out to others.
When it's negative, you're just going to bring out the negativity in others and then you end up with those family members you hope don't show up at the family reunion.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ScandaLeX For This Useful Post:
9to5cynic (November 24th, 2012), argedion (November 24th, 2012), jmar (November 24th, 2012)