Thread: forum or family
View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #38 (permalink)
olbriar

Device(s): HTC M8 Retired Rezound Retired Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 5,527 Times in 3,295 Posts

It's definitely family for me. Luckily AF was my very first forum experience. I came here while waiting for what seemed months for my ordered phone to arrive.
I immediately felt welcomed and accepted though I knew nothing about phones. I fell in love with the community and have never left.

Through my years here I've joined a number of other mini interest forums. I have yet to find any sort of camaraderie from any of them. I have felt like an outsider that was not wanted or appreciated. Like I was crashing a party.

I enjoy these forums because the people here care and enjoy sharing their insight with friendliness. I am proud to be a user here. I'm fortunate to be a part of this family. I treasure my time here and enjoy every user I get to meet. Everyone lends to the atmosphere. It's our forum. Without each and every one of us.. this place would not be the cherished refuge it is.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to olbriar For This Useful Post:
9to5cynic (November 24th, 2012), argedion (November 25th, 2012), IOWA (November 24th, 2012), jmar (November 24th, 2012), SirSpace (November 25th, 2012)