It seems that you are not the only one to express your dissatisfaction regarding the Indian networks, parag1dubey
. See post #1099
I am afraid that if your networks are this bad, no amount of modem tweaking is going to change that. The best you can hope for is to resign yourself to the EDGE signal and set the following to conserve battery... Settings > Wireless and networks > More settings > Mobile networks > Network mode > GSM only.
You could then try the following from post #1
Originally Posted by ironass
1. Settings > Wireless and network > More > Mobile networks > Network operators.
2. Let the screen populate with all the available carriers.
3. Select a carrier that is not your own. You will be told, after trying to connect, not allowed or No way Jose.
4. Repeat this with one or two other non carriers.
5. Finally, select your own carrier, Automatic, and reconnect your phone again.
This procedure should ensure that your phone locks on to the strongest signal for your carrier.