View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
SkinJob
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC Desire, Teppic's stock Froyo ROM, Lee Droid, Mild Wild, MIUI XJ, iPhone 4s
Carrier: Telus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanchan05 View Post
Have you checked with the developers of MIUI about compatibility with those apps? I mean from what I see, MIUI is a pretty extensive ROM, unlike the other ones which are more keen on pure Android experience. There may be compatibility issues.
I think you may be right, as I was starting to wonder about that myself. It's a bit confusing, because I have always had no luck with ringer volume lockers on this phone, even when I got it 2 years ago with stock ROM. I figured its got to be the apps that are cheesy, because they each fail in different ways. But when people are telling me "it works for me", then I do have to wonder if there isn't something preventing the volume from being controlled in any way by a 3rd party app. Could possibly be the MIUI XJ ROM (though note, no one else with MIUI has stated this was a problem, and millions have it...), or I don't know, perhaps something to do with the Manu kernel I installed over top.

Either way, I can't speak Chinese so I'm not about to engage with the developers of MIUI and ask them to take the time to look into this problem that may not have anything to do with their ROM and that no one else seems to be having. OTOH, I'm too far into this thing to even think about fooling with another ROM at this point. Looks like I won't find a solution this time.... (if I ever do, I'll post it here in case it helps others).