View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
chanchan05
Killer Psychologist

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SL (I9003), Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (P6200), Samsung Galaxy SIII mini (i8190)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfoam View Post
That's non-sense, you can compare Facetime to Skype. They both allow video calls. The problem is Skype does a crummy job of it on iOS and Android. I can only guess that Microsoft is the problem. I used to use Skype years ago on my Windows PC and it worked great. When I get a chance I will try the most recent version of Skype on my HP Ultrabook and see how it fairs. But I want a decent video chat app on my Android devices. So far I can't find one that works great.
Technically its not non-sense. Facetime is an OS level integrated software, designed from the ground up WITH the OS. A third party developer cannot achieve that level of integration and make sure that it would work well on those devices. Only the manufacturers can do that (make OS level video call apps), and well, Samsung and HTC I think won't do that because video calls over 3G (a feature built-in in many phones since 2003) is more popular in Asia than apps like Skype.

And yes, its partly MS-bullcrap. You really don't think they'd give full functionality or quality to their competitiors.

Worried about your health? Take the True Health Assessment now! Click HERE