Thread: Support Storage of apps
View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2012, 11:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
CapeNick

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

The Nexus 7 does not do hdmi out, you can stream over wifi, using a free app, and a compatible media streamer on the tv's end, but it has no hdmi out, and mls devices will not work. You cannot move apps to the external sd card, unless you root it, which you may or may not have success with, as there are mixed results all over the internet. There is one app, free on the Play Store, "Root External 2 Internal SD", which, despite the name, does not require a rooted device. It won't move your apps to your sd card, but it will swap the internal SD for the External SD, so your Iconia a110 will think, for example, your 32GB external sd is the internal sd, and save all your apps to that. I have not tried this yet, so I have no experience regarding how well it works, but this is currently the only option, all other apps on the app store for moving files to your sd will require root privileges. You can however save app data to your external. I recently downloaded A Bards Tale, when it asks you if you would like to download the sd or hd textures, it also gives you the option to save to the external sd card (thank god, cause the hd textures are over 3GB). Hope this helps, I'm enjoying my a110 immensely, and am very happy to have purchased it over the nexus 7, but that's just me.

hope this helped

The Following User Says Thank You to CapeNick For This Useful Post:
Benntt (November 29th, 2012)