View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2012, 05:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
azz1844
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Prime or Infinity? (prices included)

I think I may answer my own question by stating the prices of these, but I would still like opinions anyway... I have my heart set on an Asus Transformer tablet (+ dock), but have been deciding between the Prime and the Infinity - both of which have just become available again on Amazon.co.uk.

The Infinity (64GB), sold and dispatched by Amazon, costs 599.99 (including the dock) - plus 199.99 for 2 years extra warranty and accident cover, or 159.99 for 3 years.

The Prime (16GB), sold and dispatched by Tribal UK on Amazon.co.uk (a reputable seller, from what I can tell), costs 325.99 (including the dock), plus 74.99 for 2 years extra warranty and accident cover, or 99.99 for 3 years.

At the moment it is seeming to me like a bit of a no-brainer - the Prime is almost half the cost of the Infinity, an while it only has a quarter of the storage, I can easily upgrade that by buying a reasonably-priced 64GB SD card, which should give me more than enough storage.

My primary uses will be:
- Videos
- Light document work (mostly Word, occasionally PowerPoint)
- PDF / book reading
- Light gaming (i.e. not big, 3D games, just simple stuff)
- Emulated gaming (this is quite a big one, actually - want to play SNES/N64 emulated games with external controllers via an HDMI cable)
- General web-browsing, YouTube, etc. with WiFi

So, any good reason for me to shell out for the Infinity or wait for a price reduction? Or just go for the Prime at a relatively good price? Many thanks in advance for opinions!