View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2012, 12:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
garybeck
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): LG Optimus V (bricked) ZTE Awe (Jelly Bean) Samsung Galaxy 2 Tab 7.0
Carrier: Not Provided

Default my kids are asking for an iPod touch, but I want android...

my kids are asking for an ipod touch (a friend has one). I don't like Apple and prefer android for reasons I won't get into here... Overwhelmed with all the devices out there, I really didn't know what an ipod touch is. I did a little research and it really looks like it's a smart phone without the phone.... or a tiny tablet.

so instead i was looking at small android tablets, which I'm sure would make them happy. but it seems like the smallest tablets are 7" screens and that seems a bit more bulky than they really need.

i'm kinda thinking now, why don't I get an android phone and just skip the phone contract? they could still do wifi, get apps, and everything an ipod touch does, and probably more.

i currently have an LG optimus. I think if I gave them something similar to this, with no phone contract, and a nice sdhc card they'd be stoked.

I paid $150 for my optimus but now I see them on amazon for around $100. it's a prepaid device with no contract. I would think you could buy one and just never activate the contract and everything would work except making phone calls and 3G, right?

seems to me that an un-activated android phone is basically the same thing as an ipod touch. correct?

am i nuts?
am i missing something?