View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2012, 01:13 PM   #48 (permalink)
drexappeal

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh427 View Post
Hi All! Long time browser, but my first time posting in this forum. I have a HTC EVO 3D purchased through Best Buy with the Black Tie Protection Plan. About a week ago, I fell against the corner of my bed and later noticed that the acrylic covering the lower camera lens had been cracked inwards. I don't think that it hurt the lens, however it is defiantly noticeable when taking 3D pictures (which I do occasionally). I'd like to know if any of you have any recent experience with a best buy's protection plan and getting a phone replaced/repaired. I know that sprint discontinued production and sales of the EVO 3D around April. I like my EVO 3D (though i'd love an EVO 4G LTE) and I'm not sure if since the phone is discontinued I would receive a refurbished EVO 3D (or if this is worth the risk. I've read several stories of people getting refurbished phones that had more problems than their "broken" phone did) or if I would receive some other phone. Thanks for any info you can provide!
I've heard several stories of people getting awesome replacements due to their phone being discontinued. More recently, two peeps got new EVO lte and s3 in their respective situations. No money needed, covered under best buy insurance, no upgrade necessary. Those were photon replacements, which is also a discontinued phone.

FYI, for those that weren't aware, best buy discontinued the buy back program.