View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Buruan
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Media Players - Whats out there?

Hello,

I have been trying to find a solution for a simple problem, and it so far has proven impossible for me to get it resolved.

I am looking for a simple way to :
1. Synchronize Media between PC and my Android Device (i have a few but most prominently the Galaxy S3)
2. Keep Music ratings in sync while doing so

While I was using Itunes, i used a combination of ISyncr, Rocketplayer on the android and Itunes on my PC. It was working fine, not perfectly but it worked.
I got rid of Itunes and could not find a solution for the problem since.....

As a Desktop Player I tried Media Monkey, which synchs at a glacial pace to my android (over 40 minutes at times, even when no tunes are updated), and I tried WinAmp, which does not find my SD card on the S3 so cant be used for synching as of now.

On the S3 i tried a few solutions :
- WinAmp - Doesnt have ratings implemented on their Android App
- PowerAmp - Has Ratings, but only in a proprietary database, not stored in MP3 tags.
- PlayerPro - Works with manually synching the ratings after synching the library, but seems to be abandoned by the developer
- Google Play Music - Only has a Thumbs up and down rating system, i would like to use the more common 5 star version

The Media Monkey developers are saying there will be a MM Android app, but that keeps getting delayed and delayed.

Does anyone have a solution?
I really dont want to go back to Itunes......

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Kai