View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
OneAdamTwelve

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default I can't purchase apps on Google Play either

I'm having the same problem.

My problem started with the credit card company seeing what they believed was unusual purchase activity on my card. I called the credit card company and confirmed that my google play purchases were legit and they removed the block on google play.

Unfortunately I still couldn't buy apps through google play so I contacted google through their "call me" option on their web site. They called me literally within seconds of submitting the online request. I described the problem and actions taken so far. They said that when a credit card company puts a block on purchases then google will also lock your account. I thought this sounded a bit fishy but I wasn't in a position to argue the point. They said to wait 24 hours before making any purchases on google play.

So I wait 24 hours and still can't purchase apps. I respond to google's e-mail from the previous day and don't get any response so I have them call me again through their web site "call me" request option. This time they said that it could take up to a week to get resolved. I was a bit shocked at this news. I can't think of an easier problem to solve. If I can believe what google told me on the first phone call then all they have to do is re-enable my google play purchasing capability. I suspect it's the rough equivalent of resetting someone's password, which is a two minute job for an inexperienced support staffer.

I can't believe this could take a week to resolve. It seems that Google just doesn't take customer support seriously. I'm pretty dissapointed so far.

Some other background info.
- I purchased less than $40 worth of apps before the problem occured
- I can still get free apps
- I just bought the Google Nexus 10 as my first tablet - starting to 2nd guess that decision

V/R
Adam