Thread: The root club
View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:05 AM   #54 (permalink)
zuben el genub

Device(s): Nexus 4, Galaxy S 4G, Nexus S
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks - but that still doesn't help me much with customization and performance in phone. I can find plenty of speed tests for upload and download speeds - that doesn't interest me as much as how fast a large app with a stored on phone graphic database will open. I've never seen that speed tested.

I've watched some of this over the years with my computer. It's a very upgraded 286 and kept very basic. I just had hardware upgraded as I needed it, and could see speed differences in performance of Adobe Photoshop. I'm assuming phones work much the same way.

Your settings look much like what is on my phone. I like your advice. It makes sense.

I've bought quite a few apps which I find better than the default. I won't use the built in browser - it's frozen. I like Boat, and I use both Startpage and Duck as search engines. I like Handcent. I also bought Aquamail. I bought ADW. Since the last update to ADW, I deleted Nova and that other popular one. I bought TB. I want to make sure that these will be compatible on any upgrade. No one seems to review this in any one spot.

I took a couple of courses on technical writing, that's why some of the instructions drive me nuts!