View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
LBPHeretic

Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero (OEM Android 2.1) [Rooted] B&N Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadrams View Post
Can you please send me that email? I'm having such a hard time getting to my hero's recovery screen. My phone was rooted with z4root at one point but i decided to set it back to stock. I did the famous HERCIMG.zip from xda site (cannot remeber the RUU) It all seems as it was working But I noticed that the phone was acting very slow so I decided to re-root the phone using the z4root. I have no idea what caused the problem but now I'm experiencing parse issues with some apk and can not access my recovery through rom tool box paid version or even try to install a new one. When I power the phone off and a press the power + the home key I get the annoying red triangle with the (!) in the middle. I have try to used the Aruwizard and got error 140. I have been reading this adb but it's seems so confusing. Please help! Willing to donate something to the cause if the problem is resolved. Thanks
I get into recovery by pressing and holding the volume down button and then power. It should bring you to your bootloader and then you can select recovery.

You probably don't have a recovery flashed anymore though if you flashed HERCIMG.zip. Are you S-OFF? You can flash ClockworkMod recovery via HBOOT if you are. If not, you will need to find an older version of ROM Manager, sideload it, and then flash ClockworkMod Recovery from that. There are more challenging ways to do it via ADB, but I am trying to make this easy for you. Let me know.

Tweet with me about Android on Twitter. (Please follow to see my tweets.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LBPHeretic For This Useful Post:
3vodroid (December 1st, 2012), gadrams (December 3rd, 2012)