Thread: Support Terrible Battery Life
View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fred G. Vader

Device(s): Light Saber, nunchuks, rape whistle Tablets: OG Transformer Phone: Galaxy S III
Carrier: Verizon

As stated earlier, up until today I was getting great battery life out of my S3. But just about 30 minutes ago (a little after 11 AM) I noticed that my battery level was already at 69% and I watched it drop to 65% over about a 15 minute span. Normally I'm only at 80% or so by this time of day so I knew something was amiss. Went into Settings --> Battery and sure enough Cell Stand-by was using up more of the battery than the Screen.

I noticed in the status bar the GPS active signal was displaying and I knew that I had turned off my GPS radio once I got to work (using the settings toolbar in the notification window). So I went into Settings --> Location Services and sure enough "Use VZW Services" and "Use Google Services" were both checked. How they got checked is beyond me cause I didn't do it.

Even with all GPS related things turned off the GPS target is still displaying in the status bar (just the GPS inactive target icon though not the active one). Gonna watch it for rest of evening and see if the battery stops draining so quickly with all GPS stuff turned off now.
Last edited by Fred G. Vader; November 28th, 2012 at 01:03 PM.