View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2012, 06:40 AM   #23620 (permalink)
RazorSharp

Device(s): Nexus 5, Nexus 7
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 1,959 Times in 807 Posts

Morning all Weekend plans consist of putting up the tree, the lady has been getting into the Xmas spirit and is ready to get everything started. While this means that I'll be lambasted with holiday music from now until January, it also means lots of cookies, so I'm okay with it.

Also, big news that I wanted to share with you all: I found out recently that I was accepted for a Birthright Israel trip in January; basically, the state of Israel pays for non-Israeli Jews to come to Israel for ten days and see the major sights and get a taste of Israeli culture. There was a long application process, and unfortunately only a small portion of applicants can go because of the relatively small number of spots open on each trip, but I think I was picked because I'm close to aging out of the program -- you can only apply from ages 18 to 26.

I know it might not be the absolute smartest time to be going there, but this is a once-in-a-lifetime chance. They assure us that the programs are in touch with Israeli authorities constantly, there are GPS trackers and medics on our buses, and we won't even be going near Gaza in the first place. Our guides recently emailed the whole trip roster, saying that they've been to Israel several times and have always felt totally safe. So, I'm really excited! I'll be gone from January 2-12, so needless to say, I most likely will not be posting during that period. We'll be going to Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, the Golan Heights, the Negev Desert (where we'll ride camels and spend a night sleeping in Bedouin tents), float in the Dead Sea, and lots of other stuff!
Last edited by RazorSharp; November 30th, 2012 at 06:53 AM.