View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
chanchan05
The Doctor

Device(s): Note 3 LTE (N7105), Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (P6200), Samsung Galaxy SL (I9003), , Samsung Galaxy
Carrier: Globe Philippines

Thanked 2,532 Times in 2,094 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouch1976 View Post
Can we rekindle this discussion? I'm in the market for a 7" tablet and I'm torn on which way to go.

Of course I love the idea of the Nexus 7 cause the chip, software, and screen are the bomb. But, the lack of expandable memory and rear-facing camera might be enough to make me look elsewhere. And it seems like the only viable competitor is the Tab 2. Any other suggestions?

In the past I had an HTC Flyer and really liked it, but it was heavy and slow and felt outdated. I also have a Galaxy 7.0 Plus, but I wasn't keen on TouchWiz on Gingerbread. Ideally, I would want HTC to just blow up the DROID DNA to 7" and dump the cellular technology, but I don't think that would come in under $250.

But is there anything else out there worth looking at?
Well for starters you are wrong on the Tab Plus. It was released with Honeycomb and updated to ICS by Samsung. Not sure if it will get JB, but it probably might since the model is less than a year old and has capable hardware.

And as has been mentioned before, its the better tablet compared to the Tab 2. Also, there are a lot more accessories for the Samsung tablets than the Nexus. You get USB adapters, SD card adapters, keyboard docks, etc.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk 2

Worried about your health? Take the True Health Assessment now! Click HERE