View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2012, 05:06 PM   #43 (permalink)
Gman9831
I'm no Senior

Device(s): Note 3
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy13 View Post
I agree. T Mobile wants to harvest Metro. That's it. With all these MVNO's popping up everywhere, Metro PCS is not as great as it used to be. Especially when their LTE speeds are running around 1.3mbps-3.5Mbps. That's jsut pathetic when compared to Straight Talk's HSPA+ that runs around 12-14Mbps. I mean seriously? It's a no brainer.

Plus you can go buy whatever phone you want. Your not limited to what Metro offers. Sure the S3 is great. But when it's paired with a garbage LTE connection, it's pointless and dumb. Like have a porsche with a Honda motor inside of it.
MVNO's are where it's at. Paired with A Nexus, S3, Note etc...... Pffffff. Your on top of the world.
Everytime you post about ST vs Metro our argument does get a little better because metro is but basically everything you just said will change next year some of it has already changed
- LTE -
My friend with AT&T hasn't upgraded to LTE yet so he's still on HSPA+ he averages 7 & maxed out @7 almost 8mbps yet I max out @9mbps & average 8 on metros LTE also on some forums that have the "Post your HSPA+ speed here" threads I get faster than at least most of them.
Metro has said they will be upgrading speeds By the end of the 4th quarter in most markets my speeds have already more than tripled from 2 or 3 to 9mbps so to me it's not pathetic & in my area its better than straight talk on AT&T don't really know about tmobile though.

-MVNO + BYOD-
In 7 months most likely all of that will change Metro will have BYOD & basically be a MVNO with tmobile
Last edited by Gman9831; November 30th, 2012 at 07:34 PM.