Search Party App?
My wife and I are going to take part in a search party tomorrow, look lost dog. A group will be meeting, making a plan to spread out, and search an area where the pet might be.
It struck me that whether searching for a pet, a lost child, or a lost item, it would be great to have an app with each party member to coordinate activities and track progress. Thoughts for features:
* One or more party leader can set up a named party, including details of start time; GPS location of meet point; photos, video, information about search target, etc.
* Party volunteers can check for parties in their area, or requests can be pushed to registered members.
* Each party member can log in at the start, log out when leaving, into a specific search party.
* Party members each see a map of the area being searched.
* Map could track your progress through search area using GPS.
* Each party member's GPS location can be uploaded to search database, say every couple minutes.
* Simultaneously, GPS locations of other search party members are downloaded, so you can see where others have searched.
* Potential sightings can be flagged, so other nearby party members can be alerted.
* Party leaders can notify team if target is found to end search.
* Party members could share pics if needed... maybe even half duplex audio (i.e. push to talk).
I'm sure there are other ideas, but that's what I have so far... thoughts?