View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2012, 07:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
zuben el genub
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Oppo Find 7 Nexus 4, Nexus S
Carrier: Not Provided

I just don't like MS, Apple, Google, FB, FX chasing everyone and trying to get us all to commit to one system just for the almighty $.

High end cameras do that as it is. If you start with Canon, it's cheaper to stay with Canon than to switch to Nikon. Check the prices on full frame and fast lenses. The same in reverse.

I like the fact that I can have a device made by anyone right now and get them to work (mostly) together. If companies decide a lockdown on services will make bigger bucks, then that will go by the boards.

If they want all this info, and they are getting big bucks for selling it, then our phones and services should be far more subsidized then they are. We are paying higher rates for advertising for stuff that is mostly junk, but a hit since it's new.

Facebook makes cash from cyber-stalking adverts - Could give Google a run for its money | TechEye

FX is putting in (allowing) an extension for MSN. They say it's up to the user, but for how long?

I also don't like the push against anonimity. I've got too many nom-de-plumes all over and I don't want to integrate them.

I have started to see some columns in financial starting to warn about Apple starting a fall, MS and Google getting some type of comeuppance. Last year, year before, everyone was drooling over the same companies. All this won't happen tomorrow, but it can. The more negative articles, the more the prognostications are likely.

IBM now operates mostly as an Indian company. Remember them as a mainstay here?