View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2012, 01:43 PM   #33 (permalink)
LBPHeretic

Device(s): Sprint HTC Hero (OEM Android 2.1) [Rooted] B&N Nook Color
Carrier: Not Provided

Indeed. V6 SuperCharger is a worthy set of scripts. I have used that on my Sprint HTC Hero and B&N Nook Color with CyanogenMod 7.2. Of course, now, my B&N Nook Color is running CyanogenMod 10. It runs pretty great.

I am not sure what I will do for my next handset. For months I thought that I was 100% on board for the LG Nexus 4. The lack of Sprint support and a few other issues that I have heard about has left me with second thoughts. I am not completely opposed to switching to a GSM carrier to use the LG Nexus 4, but the 16GB of storage, lack of LTE, thermal throttling, and glass back cracking is leaving me tepid on that handset now. I am beginning to be more interested in the Samsung Galaxy S IV. Those handsets always have great developer support. Either way, I have several months until my upgrade is due, so I am just going to keep my ear to the ground and decide when the time comes. I might just wait a bit longer and get the "Nexus 5" next autumn. Who knows. We shall see.

Tweet with me about Android on Twitter. (Please follow to see my tweets.)