View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2012, 12:32 AM   #244 (permalink)
kychia

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Hi,
This is just to report recent developments between me and Samsung Mobile Singapore...
I sent an email to complain to Samsung Singapore CEO and they almost immediately dispatched an engineer to attend to me personally at my workplace! For service, I'll give it to Samsung, but solution-wise is a bit "sneaky" as the solution was the unofficial root and unroot my phone. (I hope I do not land the engineer into trouble...)

I do not want to reset my phone or root, but agreed to root, only to help them find the cause of the problem from the clips that hanged the clipboard.

According to the Samsung engineer it was because my clipboards exceeded 20mb and some inbuilt Samsung coding would stop the clipboard...He said that Samsung is currently in the works to develop an update to allow the clipboard to exceed 20mb without hanging. However, a side effect after the "root and unrooting", I couldn't update software anymore, as I have the error "Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available."

After fixing it, the problem happened, when I updated Chrome..
Went back to the engineer to root and unroot again...a day plus later, the problem happened again, this time quite suddenly, as I didn't catch any specific behaviour that caused it to happen again.

My conclusion: Still a samsung problem, even though Google Chrome seems to play a part. It's definitely related to the "S3 clipboard manager" feature, which I can live without, that caused this problem.

Felix
The Following User Says Thank You to kychia For This Useful Post:
blue02 (December 5th, 2012)