View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
NightAngel79
Jolly Bounty Hunter

Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 6,328 Times in 3,873 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUroot View Post
Now I'm not suggesting they are banned or deleted but can they PLEASE be moved to a handy lounge subforum that I can easily avoid instead of having to avoid multiple threads in the lounge which is becoming increasingly more difficult.
COmpletely agree (more on this later)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
I'm not sure in this area or how our policy got this way.

What's the harm in one off-topic thread per device, letting birds of a feather flock together?

Seems to me that folks that helped one another through rough patches with their devices ought to be able to pal around together once they're past the troubles and questions, yeah?

Every pre-release period has a Lounge-like thread, why move the party?
My issue is it seems like half of the first page of the lounge is 'watering hole' threads. IMO just create a 'Device Watering hole' sub forum in lounge. Yes there wont be many threads in there but to many they are an eye sore in the lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUroot View Post
Yes lounge threads within their device would be good too.
That's where they started long ago. Word came down from Admin/Owner to move them out of device sections so as not to promote 'segregation' or 'clique' from forming.

There was several who were against this but eventually me (and others) came to agree that they don't really belong on the device sections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
And pre-release threads are already in their device forums.
I see that as being similar to how we close those threads once the device is released. Once device is released its all business in the device section, which is why the 'Lounge' thread gets moved to lounge.

I don't inherently disagree with this but when we start getting 10+ watering holes that are active it really does beg the question, do they need there own section

I think they do...

They people who post in them will still post in them. The only downfall I can see is that those threads will of course be a bit more secluded, less random users will find them and 'connect' with other users discussing whatever phone....