View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2012, 09:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Stuntman

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC Desire Z, Asus Eee Pad Transformer with Keyboard Dock, Nokia N97
Carrier: Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmurphy1975 View Post
I posted here because I've been a member here for so long and enjoy this community.

Out of curiosity what do you mean by customizing? I hear people say that all the time but I'm curious to hear what examples you can provide?
For one thing, I can remove my app dock on the home screen so that when I go to the next home page, all of the icons and widgets change. I can also change the number of rows or columns. I have mine set to 6 rows x 4 columns and no app dock. I also can change the keyboard on my phone. I use Thumb Keyboard a it has layouts and features I like more than other keyboards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmurphy1975 View Post
I’ve owned the original T-Mobile G1, the Motorla Cliq, the Nexus One, the LG G2X, the HTC Sensation, Galaxy Nexus, Acer Iconia tablet, and Nexus 7 tablet. After living in the Android world for so long…I felt it was time for a change. So I recently switched to an iPhone 5. (Don't hate me! )

So…what are my impressions of the iPhone after using Android for so long? Not bad! Actually, better than that…I love it! I’ve drunk the kool-aid and find myself liking it. With Android, I found that I was living with certain bugs or problems because I’d grown accustomed to them and had just learned to live with them. Certain applications crashing, software lag, widgets not working right, bluetooth and wifi connectivity issues…oh well. I’ll just reboot, or not do that again, or…enough! With the iPhone, I found that things just worked the way they were supposed to.

I'm not saying that the iPhone is better than Android. I'm only saying that for me it was time for a change. For anyone who wants to read my full experience you can do so here.

But are there any other converts who switched from Android who still come here? What has your experience been like. I imagine there are many more who switched from iOS to Android here in this forum and I'd love to hear from you also.
I do hope you enjoy your new iPhone. I have had the opportunity to use the iPhone 4 and 4S at work and when helping out my family. I do understand why the iPhones are popular devices.

Regarding errors and problems, I am finding that my latest phone, the SGS3, is rock solid compared to my previous HTC Desire Z. I've had the odd error on my DZ, but save for the first month or 2 where I had some signal issue, my SGS3 has been rock solid since. When I was helping my father-in-law with is iPhone 4, I noticed some similar issues on occasion.