Thread: Support Note I717 Texting Issue
View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2012, 03:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
crckthsky
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Note I717 Texting Issue

Hey everyone!

So, I recently bought a used, factory unlocked Galaxy Note I717. It was running Gingerbread, so I downloaded an ICS ROM and flashed it using Odin 1.85, which helped immensely. I was on Mobilicity at the time, using an ATT rom, and everything worked perfectly.

A few days later, I switched carriers to Fido. Upon porting my number over, I was able to use every feature on my phone, EXCEPT send text messages. For whatever reason, they would intermittently go through to Fido customers, but no one else. I could receive messages just fine, my data worked, I could place and receive calls, but for some reason, every text I'd try to send would fail.

I called into Fido tech support, who was totally unwilling to help me since I wasn't using one of their phones. However, I went back to the store, and tried a Bell SIM card one of their reps had, and ran into the same issue. I could place calls, and receive messages, but I couldn't send anything.

So, I went back to the drawing board, and tried installing a stock Rogers Gingerbread ROM, hoping this would somehow fix the problem, but to no avail.

I've checked the APN info and message centre numbers, both are correct as far as I can tell. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be GREATLY appreciated!