View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2012, 07:06 AM   #1725 (permalink)
titomi

Device(s): Samsung B5702 Duos, Samsung Galaxy S Duos
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by htc_desire_ View Post
Have been playing with the phone for last 3-4 days and am really pleased. Have used Viewsonic V350 and Moto XT532 in the past and S Duos is miles ahead of the other two.

Two things are bothering me though:

1. There is no LED notification: Really strange Samsung decided not to have it.

2. The Dialer app: Given that a dual sim phone is primarily used to allow calling from two sims, I am baffled by the UI design of the Dialer app. Once you click on the Dialer app, it takes you to the "Keypad" screen. Here you have the possibility to dial a number from Sim 1 or Sim 2 but unfortunately you don't get any option on any other screen (e.g. you are on "Call Log" screen and want to redial a previously dialed/missed/received call but you cant choose which sim to dial out from as it uses the default sim). Likewise, if you search for a contact and then click on the phone symbol, it again does not given you an option to choose which sim to dial out from but uses the default sim.

I am pretty annoyed by the above two features. Wonder how others are coping?
1. never had such LED notification (or turned it off) so iīm not missing it
2. This behaviour is not very comfortable and I can agree, that itīs little strange. I hope, that in new 4.1 JB it will be somehow rearranged.

Screen that show up in Dialer app depends on what screen you used last time.

What bothers me much more is SD card behaviour. Why on earth did they such thing ... Itīs not possible to move app2sd card in normal way. The internal memory is quite small (cca 1Gb.. or such...). So the SD card can be used only as a storage of data (pics, music, docs or whatever). If you install some navigation software, put in some maps.. hey hou ... the memory is full. No more space to install more apps.
Hope this will be fix with Jelly Bean too. Or itīs related more to TouchWiz than OS ?
Last edited by titomi; December 6th, 2012 at 07:23 AM.