Thread: General How Good Is The Nexus 4
View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
lunatic59
Moderati ergo sum

Device(s): Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), Nexus 4, Galaxy S II, Captivate, Nexus 1, Nook Color, Asus Transformer T-1
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 13,395 Times in 7,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaLeX View Post
I had issues with either having no service at work while others had it and also a weird bug where the person on the other line couldn't hear me. Sounded like I was at the other end of a tunnel whispering.

I've used and researched a lot of phones and it's a pretty familiar concession that Sammy phones have lesser signal power to phones like a Motorola or an iPhone. I don't know yet about the LG Nexus.

Also, it's not as though I NEVER had a signal (except for at work) for the most part it's fine and it may never be an issue for some, but if we're really trying to discuss the pros and cons of different phones, this is one that i've read a lot about and that i've experienced myself.
I'm actually still surprised by how loud and clear the N4 is compared to my SGS2 and earlier phones. It's got the clearest call quality by far.

No Ivory-Billed Woodpeckers were harmed in the composition of this message.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lunatic59 For This Useful Post:
Thats (December 6th, 2012), Trooper (December 6th, 2012)