Thread: Support Terrible Battery Life
View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
Keel4n
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero216 View Post
I'm just about ready to go back to an iPhone. My Galaxy S3, while I love it, is completely unusable. I've sent 3 texts today, the rest of the time my phone is on standby, and in 3 hours I'm at 60% battery (from 100%). In a few hours, it'll be under 20%. When I have work and I'm actually using my phone, I have to charge it about 3x per day. I've done a factory reset, and only have a couple of apps installed (FaceBook, Twitter, and a couple others). I have everything turned off, power saving on, screen brightness almost 0, and no notifications from anything.

Can someone please help me before I just go back to Apple?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G. Vader View Post
@Zero216 -- have you tried disabling all of the samsung apps? That was the trick for me. Go into Settings --> Application Manager --> Tap on the All tab. And then find all of the apps that start with Samsung and disable them.

On a separate note Samsung has acknowledged the problem of the battery losing life during standby and have promised a fix with the Jelly Bean update (which is already out for all carriers except Verizon - and hopefully it should hit Verizon in the next couple of weeks). Keel4n has stated that he has seen significant battery life improvement with his Jelly Bean update. Good luck!

Yes and if you haven't got the Jelly Bean update yet, try Samsung Kies. The update was out but wouldn't connect to the server over wifi so Samsung kies will download it and install it.