View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2012, 07:10 AM   #42 (permalink)
Fuzzy13

Device(s): Nexus 5. (White 16GB)
Carrier: $60 AT&T pre paid pushing 50-60mbps

Thanked 2,503 Times in 1,432 Posts

Been waiting for this since the info was first released. I have been a die hard Swype fan but swiftkey has always been my first choice for a regular keyboard if swype wasn't available for certain phones Ive used. SK's predictions can almost be scary because it works so well. Once it learns your style it can damn near think for you.

With that being said, I am loving SK Flow. Obviously there is one or two things I dont like BUT there is a few features Im GLAD they implemented like holding back to delete whole words instead of 1 letter at a time like Swype beta. Although I would prefer the swype on the back button to delete as that was a cool function but I can live without it. There needs to be an option to turn off/on flow for URL and certain search functions. That's very annoying. I like the themes available, especially the default. It's very very clean. One thing I liked in Swype that SK Flow doesn't have is the use of the Swype key to do shortcuts like "swype + A" to select all and "Swype + V" to paste and so on. I got used to using these features and it cut down on a lot of time. I Hope something like this gets implemented in the future. I would rather have options there that I dont use then to not have them at all.

And the MAIN thing I really like about Flow is that you can swype whole sentences while NEVER lifting your finger. That is badass. Just swype to the spacebar and keep going. It works great as well.

It is a beta release BUT it's a very good beta release. We must voice our concerns about certain things to them so they can look at if for the main release. SK is a company that actually listens to the users to fix potential issues so I feel confident they will have a great product when the official version is released.

I feel that they have taken over as the leader in the swipe style keyboards.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy13 For This Useful Post:
xevious (December 8th, 2012)