View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2012, 05:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Artine
AF Contributor

Device(s): LG Optimus Elite (Harmonia 2.03, Sleipnir 2.4.0.5), SG Victory 4G LTE (???)
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajober94 View Post
Hello. This is my first post on any kind of forum. I must admit I'm not very technology savvy to begin with, So I'll explain the best I can...

I was interested in changing the sound of my preset lock screen, so I had watched some youtube video or read something somewhere, telling me to download these couple of apps called "Lock Sound Changer," and "BusyBox," from the Google Play Store. I clicked on something and now whenever I turn my phone's screen on I get this bleeping sound for a lock / unlock screen sound. I can't figure out how to disable it. After downloading different stock screen lock sound apps, I still can't get rid of that sound. the new lock sounds are just played over TOP of that one and it sounds hideous...

If ANYONE could help me find a way to disable this, it'd be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
I do hope you installed busybox prior to anything else in your quest for a lock screen sound changer, and that you are, in fact, rooted. If you are rooted and have downloaded and ran/installed Busybox's stuff through the Busybox app, I would try the following: Download and install from the Play Store an app called Titanium Backup. Upon opening it, go to the Backup/Restore tab at the top of the app. Scroll down to the app you used to change the lock screen sound, and tap on it. Next tap "Freeze" in the popup menu that comes up after tapping that app. Restart your phone, and if your phone doesn't brick or bootloop and functions correctly but without the lock screen sound changes, go back to Titanium Backup and tab on that app once more, while it is still frozen, and this time tap "Un-install!".