View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2012, 10:17 PM   #30 (permalink)
Digital Controller
The Real Bass Creator

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 with JellyBeans 6, Nexus 7, (RIP) Galaxy Nexus with 4.4 SlimKat, (RIP) Droid Incredibl
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 2,769 Times in 1,806 Posts

Been trying to get you a lot of help here man!

Try these out too:

Quote:
It could be a DNS server issue. Try having him change the DNS servers on the DHCP server page to Google's (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 - you usually set 2.) User would need to reconnect to the router with the phone, if the DHCP lease hadn't expired yet - I think it would take an expired lease to reset that. User could try setting lease times to one hour or something to try to get the DHCP server to change that on lease renewal.

If the router has security logging turned on, try turning that off. It's possible that the Android phone is messing up some communications, creating errors, and the log files are filling or something, if logging is turned on.

One last thing: user said s/he tried setting WPA/WPA2. I've seen issues in the past with this setting - try setting WPA only, or (better) WPA2 only - see if one works. (I doubt that this is it - you would never connect at all if it was a security issue.)

It could also be a channel issue. For 802.11g, it's best to be on channel 1, 6, or 11. If it's not set to one of those, try changing it to one of those and see if that helps

One last thing - try going (on the phone) to wherever the WiFi settings are. Have user press menu and see if there is an advanced menu. If so, try changing WiFi sleep policy to "never", if there is a setting like that.

I love this community and so should you! So before posting please read:
Site Rules & Guidelines and Android FAQ's
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Digital Controller For This Useful Post:
Crashdamage (December 8th, 2012), EarlyMon (December 7th, 2012), SirSpace (December 8th, 2012)