View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2012, 06:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
PacificaBren
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SII, Zenithink C71 Upgrade
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
Most likely, it's a screen resolution issue. Have you tried contacting the app developer? Sometimes there's a simple fix on their side or a beta that they may allow you access to. Worth a try. A more extreme solution might be rooting and running a rom that changes the device id allowing more app compatibility. On the Nook Tablet, without changing the id even when rooted, there are tons of apps missing from the play store.

APK extraction, especially for paid apps is a sticky subject around here. There's no way to get around it that isn't breaking copyright law or a TOS, which will also get a thread closed.

Thanks! I'm new to all this, so I don't know whether I should attempt rooting and running a ROM, especially if there's a likelihood I might mess everything up. Still, if there's an easy way to make the Play Store think this is a more mainstream device, that does sound like a good idea.

As for the app developer, that's Sony Pictures Entertainment. I wonder if they're not too big and impersonal to respond to my request? I'll give it a try...