Thread: M130 Rooted!
View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2012, 09:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Willster419

Device(s): Archos 43 IT (dead), Casio Commando(s) (C771), Casio COmmando 4g
Carrier: the big bad "V"

Willster419
Default This is GREAT news!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytopdrive View Post
After a week of gnashing of teeth and scratching of heads I think I have a rooted M130 commando. I still have to find out exactly what allowed it, but while trying many different exploits, I found a file (/system/etc/init.qcom.sdio.sh) that was rwxrwxrwx. I edited it to add chmod for /system and /system/bin, pushed su and then edited it to chown su to root. I had to (after making a back up) restore nv with QPST several times to get the results (that part needs dissecting to to see why). After that installed superuser.apk and busybox.

And finally updated the recovery to GNMs all in one.

Now, We just need to do some testing to find out at what point the file came avaliable as 0777.

The only issue I have encountered (which could have been due to my own messing around) is that the phone is connected to the verizon network, but I dont have data, and when I try to make a call I get a recording to call support. I am heading over to verizon now to see if all they need to do is reprogram the phone to connect, hopefully without a hard reset.
So this may be a slight noob question, but could one of you explain what chmod is? and with that, what exactly the file is and how it works to root the phone? Im sure i can say on behalf on all the noobs hungry for root, we would like to know
The Following User Says Thank You to Willster419 For This Useful Post:
hacker1969 (December 18th, 2012)