View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2012, 10:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
ajdroidx
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Nexus 5, Galaxy note II (back up)
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 1,077 Times in 628 Posts

I *may* have found a work around to the photography issue. This involves the use of an eye-fi card in the g12 and wifi direct (which I believe the s3 and nexus 7 supports). The last time I had an eye-fi card, however, the software stopped working on the PC, but it was one of the lower end cards.

The card is fairly expensive, but for what it does, it may work better then shelling out for yet another tablet. If I can upload to my phones SD card, I then can pic and chose what images I upload to social media sites on the spot.

There is also one out that will log GPS data, it comes with a year subscription which means I need to register the thing. Kind of dumb. It also supports raw files.

The photo issue is one of the biggest things and sticking points to for me.

The catch is, the eye-fi card will not work in my 5DmkII camera with out an adapter and it may or may not work.

I just read this:

Quote:
When an Eye-Fi Card is used in the Canon PowerShot G12, the camera automatically disables the Eye-Fi cards wifi when the shutter is pressed. Once a photo has been taken, the camera then re-enables wifi on the Eye-Fi card. This has the following effect:
If you are transferring via Direct Mode your connection will be lost and your Eye-Fi X2 card will automatically restart the Direct Mode sequence.
If you are transferring via wifi your connection will temporarily be lost and the Eye-Fi card will automatically reconnect to the network.
We apologize for this user experience and are working with Canon to change this behavior.
Seems a lot of canons cameras have this issue...

catch 22 here.

ARUGH!

I can't seem to win.

Most people run from storms, I run to them (back by popular request )
Flickr Gallery