View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Stuntman

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC Desire Z, Asus Eee Pad Transformer with Keyboard Dock, Nokia N97
Carrier: Bell

Accessory manufacturers will make accessories if they feel they can make a decent profit. With the iPhone only having one model each year (so far), a single design is all that is needed every year or two for any type of accessory. With non-iPhones, each particular model is no where near as popular or as common as an individual iPhone. If it comes to a physical fit for an accessory, you either have to make multiple accessories for different models of phones or develop some flexibility in your accessory to fit multiple devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdroidx View Post
I also brought up the point where, to me, apple products are synonymous with generic, much as "kleenex" is synonymous with facial tissue.
That was the case a few years ago. People keep calling my Nokia N97 an iPhone and did the same for my HTC Desire Z for a while. That hasn't happened to me for at least a year. With the popularity of Android smartphones, I see references to both iPhone and Android smartphone everywhere now. Unless they specifically mean the Apple iPhone, I haven't seen people use the term iPhone to refer to smartphones.