View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
SkinJob
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC Desire, Teppic's stock Froyo ROM, Lee Droid, Mild Wild, MIUI XJ, iPhone 4s
Carrier: Telus

Default How do I get rid of this $%! mystery app?

I got another "weird app" problem. The last time, it was an app I wanted to save (and I never succeeded in doing that, even after having spoken with the devloper!). This time, it's an app I want to get rid of.

It's something called "Ringer Volume", and it showed up on my SEARCH button, of all places. I don't know where it came from. Sure, I was testing a lot of ringer locking apps recently, but this wasn't one of them. I thought I might have installed it from my pc, but no, I have nothing by that name in my archive. I'm pretty sure I did not download it from the market, because I can't even find it there. (No, it's not the "Ringer Volume" by "Android Labs").

Now how do I get rid of it?? There is no icon for it in my app drawer, so I can't get information from it that way. The app itself just shows volume settings, there is no menu within it that can be called up to identify its owner. The app does not show up in "Manage Applications" in my system settings, nor Titanium Backup, and I searched my system with Root Explorer for the term "ringer" and it did not find it. I can only assume "Ringer Volume" does not have an apk, and must have been spewed from some other program via shortcut. (Well, that's how "Fast Dialer" was born... I discovered that dialer app gets created as soon as you first launch "360 Guards").

Now seriously... how do I get rid of this thing?!