View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2012, 11:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
dvdcatalyst

Device(s): Augen Gentouch, NOOKcolor, DroidX, Xoom, Kindle Fire, NOOKtablet, Acer A100, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Ta
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredd View Post
I was curious as to how I would do this. I'm a bit clueless when it comes to different file formats and transferring things.

Specifically I need help on what type of file formats the movies should be in (I haven't yet put them on my computer.), how to put them on the microsd card, and how to access them on my phone.

It's a 8GB microsd card and the phone is a Samsung Galaxy s2 skyrocket if that matters. Any help is appreciated!
Your phone is capable of playing H264 MP4 video files, with AAC audio using the build-in Gallery app. For other formats such as MKV, AVI etc, you will need to use a player from the Play Store, such as Dice, MX, Rock etc.

You can use a card-reader to copy movies from your computer to your memorycard, which will work the same way as you would copy files to a USB stick, or, you can connect your phone (with the card in it) to your computer with the USB cable, and it should show up in "My Computer" as a media device.

If you select it there, it should show the internal memory location, as well as the memorycard, and you can just drag and drop your videos over to it.

On your phone, either use the Gallery app, which will find your movies, or use a file-browser such as Astro/ES File Explorer to browse your phone's files and folders, and from there, just tap on them to play them.