View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #82 (permalink)
gingersnapgirl
AF Contributor

Device(s): Moto X, Google Nexus 7
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
We should start a list of the programs that Flow does not 'flow' on. For me it's really all about texting, facebook, and Tapatalk. Those are the programs where I'm writing a lot and therefore need the speed of Flow or Swype. And all of those programs Flow works just fine.

Most of the places I've encountered the manual entry is like entering single words in search bars like with the App Store where I really don't even need to write all that much stuff. Also, often times it is even better or required to manually type in because the words are sometimes not real words and actually need to be typed in manually anyway.

So what other programs are you guys talking about? Listing them would be helpful to both users (to decide if Flow is for them) and to the makers of SwiftKey (to help them make fixes). This is a beta program, after all, and that's what this is all about!
I have it on my tablet, and I use email and browsing a lot on it. It does not work in the To: field, or in any browser that I use (firefox/Chrome)

it also does not work in the Google Play store, or the Epicurious recipe app, or the google calendar app (to add events)

It may work in many more, but these are the ones i use most often, so the fact that it doesn't work on them is really annoying/frustrating and kind of a deal breaker. I'll keep it installed and check back periodically to see if this is something that gets fixed.