View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2012, 02:42 AM   #20 (permalink)
Speed Daemon
Disabled

Device(s):
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmartino5920 View Post
I totally hear you. My wife is jealous of iPhone users' ability to buy a bedazzled case when I can't seem to find one for the Nexus you sold me for her. I get your frustration.
LOL... I feel for you. That must be an immense burden!

Quote:
...Android is Linux..
In the interest of clarity and not starting false rumors, Android is not Linux. Android runs on Linux, but isn't Linux itself. Android isn't a typical Linux distribution; it's more like the Qt interface for the Sharp Zaurus. I hope that makes sense.

Quote:
...About a year ago my Toshiba Windows Vista laptop (Family Computer BTW) was dying. Not a single adult website was ever viewed on that thing and somehow this piece of junk somehow managed to pick up a virus. I found the culprit and killed it...Culprit: Windows.
I've been a real, working MCSE for 15 years, and have been in charge of several thousands of corporate computers at a time. I've studied Windows inside-out. Not once have I been able to get Windows Vista to accept all of the "updates" before it did a BSOD and died. Vista is a loser of an OS.

OTOH Windows 7 was a pleasant surprise. It does actually work. I think it's only fair to give MS credit where due.

Quote:
For the record, I have ZERO issues with my phone and computer talking to each other. I send all files between the two devices using Android Device Bridge (ADB).
Ah-ha! I knew that so many people couldn't possibly be talking about the Apple Desktop Bus!