View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #27 (permalink)
SUroot
ROM Developer

Device(s): SGS3 (Current) HTC Desire (Retired)
Carrier: 3 UK

Thanked 5,324 Times in 3,995 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
Respectfully disagree.

People don't know that they can make and share user-installable Widgetsoids zip packages for their sd cards - no root required.

Backup/restore tricks using adb, simple to us rooters, no root required (and just use our mini-SDK, no need for a big footprint SDK to get that done).

That thing we've done so often that we forget it's like science to newcomers - where to put your own custom ringtones on your sd card - no root required.

[How-to] use system monitors like GSAM Battery Monitor to after apps holding wakelocks, or many similar others - no root required.

That's 4 off the top of my head, no doubt there are many others.

I think we're talking at cross purposes. The forum I'm endorsing would not include 1, 3 or 4. 2, actually I've only had 3 android devices but you need su in adb to access /data or /system on those devices.

So yeah if you're disagreeing because you have a better understanding of what is proposed, that's fine because actually I'm not interested anyway and withdraw my suggestion.

The forum I thought I was endorsing would need a descriptive name, not a catchy one. I was thinking "system mods, scripts and hacks (root only)" rather than "basic stuff for everyone".

If we're suggesting the latter, I'll start a new thread suggesting the former because I endorse that
Last edited by SUroot; December 13th, 2012 at 01:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SUroot For This Useful Post:
scary alien (December 13th, 2012)